Slog week 3
This week in class I learned about the language of math, which includes conjunctions, disjunctions, negations, truth tables, and manipulation laws. Conjunction means And, which could be described as the intersection of two sets(A, B). Disjunction means Or, and it could be the element from either set A or set B. In math, disjunction means union. Negation is hard in the beginning. The prof gave us many statements and we need to negate them. The negation of ‘all’ is ‘not all’. And the negation of ‘there exist’ is always ‘all is not’. I found out the tips are really helpful:
not all = there is one that is not
there does not exist = all… at not…
I feel doing excises during lecture really helped me to understand all the concepts. The Scope part is confused at first but after I finished the excise about T/F, I start to feel confident about that.
The tutorial questions were all confused, especially the second part. And the quiz question was hard. I think I would get zero for it. However, after the tutor finished go over the tutorial questions, I feel a little be confident about transferring English to symbol. I think it is really interested when doing transfer; the negation actually made me feel depressed. I hope I could do better in the next quiz.
没有评论:
发表评论